We have almost filled up our first hotel, far exceeding the 50 rooms we had in the OSAS block. There are still some rooms left, but they are all smoking. So we have opened up a second hotel, Holiday Inn Express. It is about three miles from our Days Inn hotel.
Michelle Sochia has all the information here.
Looking forward to seeing you all in New Orleans this July 19-26, 2014.
In Christian love,
First, I would like to thank all of those who booked their hotel rooms already! It really helps us plan for this summer’s event in New Orleans.
Our first block, with the Days Inn in Kenner was for 50 non-smoking rooms at $55/nt with refrigerators and microwaves (includes OSA continental breakfast). They graciously allowed 61 rooms at that rate, then closed our block.
Our second block with the Days Inn in Kenner was for 10 more rooms with refrigerators/microwaves at $69/nt (included OSA continental breakfast). However, the hotel is out of nonsmoking rooms, so these will be smoking rooms – but they promised to do a really good cleaning on those if requested. When you call, you have to ask for OSA block 2. We have 7 of these rooms left.
After this is full, the hotel has approximately 50 rooms available at standard rates (you can use AAA or Senior rates), but they will not be in our block. These rooms are smoking rooms and refrig/microwaves will be available in most of these rooms.
Lunches will be served at the Days Inn also.
However, some who haven’t booked yet may not want to stay in a smoking room, therefore we have arranged for an overflow hotel that is less than 5 minutes from the main hotel. It will be $72/nt and all rooms are nonsmoking and all rooms have a microwave and mini-frig. This hotel was built recently and their rooms usually are between $135- $145/nt, so we are getting rooms there at a really good rate! They have breakfast there in the mornings – mostly continental with 2 hot items each day. They also have a free airport shuttle 24 hours/day.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites, New Orleans Airport South
Address: 110 James Dr E, St Rose, LA 70087
A few important points to note:
1) There ARE still rooms left at the Days Inn, they are smoking though (You have to ask for OSA Block 2).
2) There are a few families on the Days Inn list who are in smoking rooms already – be sure to check your confirmation from the hotel and if you need it “fumigated” (or whatever it is called), be sure to tell them.
3) If you booked outside of the OSA block (through Expedia or another site), please let us know so we can keep a list of who is coming.
4) The OSA Block at the overflow hotel, The Holiday Inn Express, will be available today, May 8th, after 5PM.
5) IF YOU HAVE A NONSMOKING ROOM AT THE DAYS IN AND NEED TO CANCEL YOUR ROOM, PLEASE CONTACT MICHELLE SOCHIA: email@example.com or (504) 881-8864 BEFORE YOU CANCEL YOUR ROOM AS WE HAVE SEVERAL FAMILIES THAT WOULD LIKE A NON-SMOKING ROOM.
Please call Michelle or Dale with any questions.